Chicago Regional Growth Corporation (CRGC) is accepting applications for the CRGC Export Grant program. Small and medium-sized companies, who can demonstrate a comprehensive export strategy and have not previously received more than one grant from CRGC or Metro Chicago Exports, are eligible to apply.
The CRGC Export Grant provides companies with a 50% reimbursement of eligible export activities, up to $5,000.
If your business is interested in the CRGC Export Grant, please fill complete the application. Completing the application is not a guarantee of an award.
CRGC staff will evaluate your company’s application and get in touch with you.
Before submitting the grant application, the company should check that you meet all of the following requirements:
- Registered to do business in one of the following seven counties: Cook (including the City of Chicago), DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, or Will
- Meets the Small Business Administration’s definition of a small business – under 500 employees
- Been in business for at least one year from the date on which the application is submitted
- Operating profitably, based on domestic operations
- Provides a product/service manufactured in metro Chicago or made outside the region from which metro Chicago will derive a significant benefit from increased international sales or investment
- No legal liabilities which inhibit performance of grant/exporting
- Must be willing to share results from use of grant funds in the form of survey feedback or potential success stories.
Be prepared to answer the following short questions in the grant application:
- Tell us why your product has global appeal. What are your immediate export goals and how would the CRGC Export Grant assist you in meeting them?
- Who wants your product or service? What are your specific target markets?
- What specific changes to your marketing strategy are necessary to successfully export to new markets?
- What challenges have you faced taking your product international? Are there any financial or organizational constraints your company will face in meeting your export goals?