On October 29, Chicago Regional Growth Corporation (CRGC) presented the 2018 Export Pitch, co-sponsored by UPS and Copa Airlines. 10 finalists, small and medium-sized companies throughout the region, pitched their plans for going global and competed for one of three grand prizes.
- First place: Kiesque, Inc. Winner of $5,000 cash from CRGC and $5,000 in UPS International Export shipping credits.
- Second place: Let Them Eat Candles. Winner of $2,500 cash from CRGC and $2,500 in UPS International Export shipping credits.
- Third place: Rotem Inc. Winner of $1,000 cash from CRGC and $1,000 in UPS International Export shipping credits.
- Winner of 2 round-trip tickets to South America courtesy of Copa Airlines: ABC Kids Salon Supply
2018 Export Pitch finalists included:
- ABC Kids Salon Supply (Chicago)
- Blue Diamond Athletic Displays (Downers Grove)
- Chicago Distilling Company (Chicago)
- Kiesque, Inc. (Wheaton)
- Let Them Eat Candles (Glencoe)
- Livingston Innovations (Waukegan)
- Meliora Cleaning Products (Chicago)
- O2M Technologies, LLC (Chicago)
- Rotem Inc. (Skokie)
- Startup Port (Chicago)